Whether you're travelling with your best mate, organising a 40th birthday celebration or have hit the Quaddie in your Punter's Club, making the most of your Super Bowl weekend is best planned in advance.
With a 4-night minimum at most hotels, here's how we recommend planning your once-in-a-lifetime weekend ahead....
5-day sample itinerary for Super Bowl LIII
Thursday 31 January 2019
- Evening arrival into Atlanta. Check-in at your home away from home for the weekend. This is when the host city starts to come alive.....
- Welcome Drinks & Dinner OR take in the atmosphere at NFL City.
Friday 1 February 2019
- Explore the city of Atlanta, we recommend hitting the NFL Experience today, as it will be a lot quieter today than it will be on a weekend day where many of the locals will be visiting. Or book yourself into visit other Atlanta activities such as NASCAR Drive Experience, Top Golf, CNN tour, World of Coca-Cola.
- Mix with the locals on Peachtree Street, or alternatively party at Club Nomadic, or the Rolling Stone, or MAXIM party
Saturday 2 February 2019
- Another day at leisure with activities such as NFL City available or simply make new friends at the many bars and restaurants around Downtown Atlanta and take in the amazing Super Bowl vibe! Maybe consider a round of golf at one of Atlanta's many courses.
- Evening experience at the most coveted party of the weekend, the DirecTV Party! Plan for full evening of fun and frivolity - past headlines have included Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. As everyone compares what they did the next day, you will be one of the fortunate few to have claimed to be at the best party of the year!
Sunday 3 February 2019
- Game Day! It's morning at Leisure, then depart for your very own “Tailgate Party” starting at 2.30pm. The Tailgate is a great way to get ready for the big game and will run from approximately 2:30pm - 5.30pm. This will give you enough time to get settled into your seats and take in all the pre-game onfield entertainment before Kick-Off.
- SUPER BOWL LIII kicks off @ 6.30pm local time
- Party with the locals post-game in Downtown Atlanta's many bars and restaurants.....
Monday 4 February 2019
- Morning at Leisure. Hotel check out with departures to airport to connect to flights home, or extend to many of the USA's East coast cities like New York, or Miami.
"I'VE BEEN COVERING SPORT FOR DECADES, BUT THE SUPER BOWL ECLIPSED IT ALL"
- Herald Sun Journalist, Jon Ralph (traveled with IE Sports to Minneapolis for Super Bowl LII)